1) Never leave your instrument by itself. It takes very little time for someone to take it.
2) Never leave your instrument on the ground, on a chair, on a music stand, etc. Always keep your instrument in your hands or in the case.
3) Do not let other people use your instrument unless you teach them the right way to hold and use it.
4) Do not use your case as a chair or step stool. It is not designed for that kind of weight.
5) Lay your case flat on the floor before opening it. Do not let it “fall” open.
6) Twist the parts of your instrument together. Do not rock them in to place.
7) Secure all loose items in your case. Anything loose will damage your instrument.
8) Do not put music in your case, unless space is provided for it. If you have to fold it or if it touches the instrument, it shouldn’t be there.
9) Avoid eating or drinking anything but water just before playing. If you must, rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth before playing.
10)Grease your corks only when it is needed, and don’t use too much grease.